The structure of the bottom of the furnace is generally made of a lightweight insulation material as a thermal insulation layer, and the castable is integrally cast as a working layer. Compared with the traditional bottom structure of furnace made of refractory brick, the structure has the advantages of good integrity and long service life, but there are still some shortcomings.
1. It is difficult to demould the whole bottom of the furnace after casting (the template can not be taken out at the water seal groove)
2. Bottom of furnace expands and moves outward
3. When furnace is being heated, due to hot air floats upward, it is difficult to heat up bottom of furnace. If not properly operated the bottom of furnace may explode.
In response to the above problems, we propose to improve the structure and materials of the furnace bottom as follows.
1. The working layer should adopt quick-drying and explosion-proof castable. This castable has advantage of short demoulding time, fast drying and explosion-proof function. Not easy to burst when furnace is being heated, high strength, good thermal shock resistance, good corrosion resistance etc. It is the ideal material for the working layer of the furnace bottom. With unique construction technology we can ensure that the working layer of the furnace bottom does not expand or displace to the outer ring.
2. The inner and outer ring edges are made of prefabricated parts. Don’t need mould when the working layer is poured. This not only solves the problem of demoulding during the construction of the bottom of the furnace, but also ensures the size of the annular joint between the inner and outer rings of the bottom of the furnace.
3. Reduce the thickness of the working layer, and increase the thickness of the insulating layer, thereby improving the thermal insulation performance of the furnace bottom.
With the technological advancement of the refractory industry, some high-quality and high-efficiency refractory materials have been adopted, which has improved the structure of the furnace wall, the thickness of the working layer is gradually thinned, and the thickness of the insulation layer is gradually thickened, which improves the insulation performance of the furnace wall. But it should be noted that the speciality of the annular furnace wall structure, that is, the thickness of the upper furnace wall is wider than the lower furnace wall.